Twas many days after Christmas Eve and many were sacrificed:
- Our internet connection was sacrificed as we did not have an alternative internet route to the route as it was compromised by
- The Taiwan Earthquake scored 7.1 on the Richter Scale and what goes out to them are our condolences and warm hearts
- That was warmed by sacrificial bottles of 5 Glenfiddich, a bottle of 17 yr old Islay Blend, a Royal Salute and a bottle of Glenmorangie, 2 bottles of Chivas Regal, 2 bottles of Smirnoffs, 5 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of champagne, countless other whiski sodas, vodka redbulls, tequilla and vodka shots - if I was a pagan, Dionysus must have been pleased
- and so SiPM sacrificed a few days of posts to be in merriment breaking more fatwas
- Ten of thousands sacrificed their homes when the South of our nation was hit by the worst floods ever and now emergency teams are on stand-by for a second wave of floods and
- Saddam Hussein will be sacrificed on the altar of democracy
As Menj tries to explain in his blog:
Why do Muslims sacrifice an animal on this day?But I think he misses the point a little, and we believe in what the Qur'an states:
During the celebration of Eid al-Adha, Muslims commemorate and remember Abraham's trials, by themselves slaughtering an animal such as a sheep, camel, or goat. This action is very often misunderstood by those outside the faith.
Allah has given us power over animals and allowed us to eat meat, but only if we pronounce His name at the solemn act of taking life. Muslims slaughter animals in the same way throughout the year. By saying the name of Allah at the time of slaughter, we are reminded that life is sacred.
"The Holy Quran says, "Neither their flesh nor their blood reaches Allah, but it is your devotion and piety which reaches Him (22:37)"Devotion and piety is a way for us to sacrifice our soul to the Almighty, and I leave you on that note with a majestic and timeless music video by Carlos Santana and his Band performing the Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock '69
|Woodstock 69 - Santana - Soul Sacrifice|