Monday, January 01, 2007

My Wish My Wish My Kingdom For A Wish

Ahem...'allo....is this on? Well, er...I hope you don't mind ah...I put down in words ah... how wonderful it is to be in 2007!
Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm a man of wealth and taste (or so I think) I've been around for a long, long year...Stole many a man's soul and faith.
Pleased to meet you all ah...Hope you guessed my name, um yeah!
I've lied and I've cheated, I've toiled and I've laboured. But worst of all, I'm rich and successful! Even I find myself irritating.
I come from a land north yonder where women glow and men quaff liquor! Can't you hear, can't you hear the kelong?
Anyway, enough of ripping off rock lyrics (apologies, boys and girls, to Elton John, Rolling Stones and Men at Work).
As the new year dawns, it is my sincerest wish that we, Malaysians, should:
1. do at least one nice thing to someone we don't like;
2. get drunk at least once a month. But get someone else to drive you home;
3. learn something about someone else's culture. And respect it;
4. not take religion so seriously all the time. It's tiring. God, if you believe him, must have a sense of humour:he did make us afterall!
5. smile a little more. When you smile, you stop the gag reflex. Especially helpful when you've enjoyed too much whiskey, beer or anything else that is intoxicating. Hic!
6. start exercising. It's good for you. Really. No Kidding!
7. stop being so bloody sensitive! Gawd, if we are not insulted as a nation by some Hollywood movie we are being insulted as a race, or as Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus. I am sure the believers of whichever religion didn't make this list would get insulted too. Chill guys! tataksombong says RELAX yes and don't take everything so personally;
8. strive for freedom. The freedom for all of us fellow Malaysians to do whatever we want as long as we don't physically hurt someone else, in private. Also the freedom to buy a car without subsidising Proton.
9. have more sexual relations. Now, before someone gets upset I'd like to refer you to No.8. Just wear a condom guys!
10. work hard, be happy, love more!

PEACE OUT...

3 comments:

Mat Merah said...

Welcome to the 'hood!

Preach on, Tatak Sombong.

Dek Mat said...

w00t!!! now everyone has written something! yay!!!

excellent post tatak sombong!

Mydeen Aboo Backer said...

What a rousing start to the new year, Tatak Sombong. Is it on, indeed.

SiPM is in effect !