Thursday, April 26, 2007

Crown and Cyberspace

Daulat Tuanku.

Like, we have a new King of Malaysia today, or rather a just-installed Supreme Head, as His Majesty is described if one, like, reads the writing on the inside cover of the Malaysian Passport.

Oh.My.God. The coronation was totally tripendicular, dudes! Did you, like, get to catch it on the idiot box? Did you see me? Did you see me? Did you see me?

Like, just a few rows behind the baldwin crown prince Al-Muhtadee Billah from Brunei! He is just sooooooooooooooooooo cute!

Enough with the crown and the coronation!

Like, I have been away from the cyberspace for a bit now, busy with parliamentary work, travelling around though not as much as some legislators. As if!

Barf me out! Cyberspace has been totally radical in my absence. Fer shur!

But I totally agree with this dude Tim Dowling on the levels that those cyber citizens have descended over time.

Like, let me quote him.

In the course of that research I branched out, seeking out the online detractors of journalists with higher profiles than myself. This was my introduction to the blogosphere: a seemingly intemperate, foul-mouthed, grotesquely misogynistic community where no one can spell and everyone is blessed with a surfeit of time.

For a journalist with an unwholesome interest in his own online profile, however, the most shocking thing about the blogosphere is its obsession with itself. They blog about the blogosphere a lot. Most of the abuse is blogger-on-blogger: how dare you stop me blogging about how blog-censorship is preventing me from blogging on the future of blogging! I'm going to burn down your house!


Dowling is just totally sluggin, dudes!

As for the bloggers.... figure it out, darlings!

No comments: